A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device to access certain websites to store and retrieve information about navigation that is made from such equipment.
Cookies allow web that, among other things, store and retrieve information about the decisions and user habits. On our website we use to personalize the experience, identify and remember the registered user and easier navigation.
In the Wikipedia page (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_(informática)) may learn more about what the cookies and how they work.
Cookies, in terms of their stay, may be divided into Session Cookies or permanent. The first they expire when the user closes the browser. The latter depending expire when the purpose for which they serve (for example, to keep the user identified on the websites and services of our company) or when manually deleted is met.
Additionally, depending on your goal, Cookies can be categorized as follows:
• Cookies performance: This type of cookie remembers your preferences for tools found in services, so you do not need to reconfigure the service each time you visit. For example, in this type they include:
○ Adjusting volume of audio or video players.
○ The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
• geolocation Cookies: These Cookies are used to find out what
country is when a website or service is requested. This cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help guide the content of its location.
• Record Cookies: Cookies log generated once the user is registered or subsequently opened its session, and are used to identify you in the web and services with the following objectives:
○ Keep the user identified so that, if you close a service or web, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day reenters the service or site, will continue identified, thus facilitating their navigation without having to identify . This functionality can be deleted if the user presses the function "Exit", so that this cookie is deleted and the next time you enter the site the user must log in to be connected.
○ Check whether the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
○ In addition, some services may use third-party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user logs in to a service with a social network credentials or third identification system, authorizes the same to keep a persistent cookie that remembers your identity and guarantees access to the website until it expires. You can delete this cookie and revoke access to the web through social networks or third identification system updating your preferences in specific social network.
• Cookies Analytics: Each time a user visits a website or service, a tool of an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore and the like) generates an analytic cookie on the user's device. This cookie is only generated in the visit, will in future visits to the service of our company to anonymously identify visitors. The main objectives pursued are:
○ Allow anonymous user ID sailors through the "Cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and hence the approximate counting the number of visitors and their trend over time.
○ anonymously identify the most visited content and thus more attractive to users
○ Whether the user accessing new or repeat visit.
• Advertising Cookies: Cookies allow such further information from the ads displayed to each anonymous user on the websites of our company. Among others, the duration or frequency display advertising positions, interacting with them, or browsing patterns and / or user behaviors and that help shape a profile of advertising interest is stored. Thus, advertising can offer related to user interests.
Most browsers now allow the user to configure whether to accept cookies and which ones. These settings normally found in the "Options" or "Preferences" menu of your browser.
These are the instructions to set cookies in the major browsers:
• Chrome: Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings. For more information, please consult the Google support or Help browser.
• Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, consult the Mozilla support or Help browser.
• Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, consult the Microsoft support or Help browser.
• Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, consult the Apple support or Help browser.